2 egg whites
110g caster sugar
55g melted and cooled unsalted butter
55g plain flour
grated zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/Gas mark 5
2. Grease a baking sheet or line a tray with non-stick baking parchment.
3. Whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add sugar and whisk until well mixed.
4. Add the butter to the meringue mixture with the flour. Fold in the orange zest.
5. Spread out teaspoons of the mixture thinly onto the baking tray.
6. Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
7. Oil a rolling pin or wooden spoon. When the biscuits are cooked you can then wrap then around the rolling pin or wooden spoon handles to make baskets or twirls.
8. The tuile will keep for up to a week in an airtight container.