Wednesday 5 May 2010

Italian meatballs in a tomato sauce


In our house we always seem to have group conversations about what we should have for dinner. My three children can never agree. They all like to express a preference. So, as my youngest (aged six) and I were having some quality one-on-one time this Thursday during our trip to the Opticians, she was allowed to choose what she would like for tea. 

After asking me a raft of questions about eyes, including why people wear glasses and whether cats can wear glasses too, we moved on to what food she would like to eat that evening. “How about meatballs and pasta?” she asked, “I love them!” Dinner was decided. She then turned to look at a passing white van that was covered in grime on which someone had written on the back, “I wish my wife was as dirty as this”.  My youngest promptly asked, “What does that mean mummy?” I quickly changed the subject. There is clearly nothing wrong with her eyesight.

Dinner that evening was a big success, all of the family was happy with the menu selected by number three child. Everyone has a recipe for meatballs. My recipe has two options, one that is a little spicy or a more traditional Italian recipe. My children love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment