300g (10oz) caster sugar
225g (8oz) unsalted butter
75g (3oz) cocoa
75g (3oz) plain flour
225g (8oz) good quality plain chocolate
100g (4oz) hazel or pecan or walnuts roughly chopped
225g (8oz) white chocolate chopped into pieces (you can put in less if you like as I have doubled the amount on the original recipe)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/350 F/gas 4 and lightly grease a 20cm (8 in) tin. (pop up tin if you have one)
2. Beat together the sugar and eggs making the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Melt the butter, cool a little and whisk into the sugar and eggs.
4. Melt the dark chocolate in a pan over a bowl of warm/hot water on the stove.
5. Whilst the chocolate is melting, sieve together the cocoa and flour and add to egg and butter mixture.
6. Add the melted dark chocolate. Mix in well.
7. Finally, add the chopped nuts and white chocolate.
8. Turn the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes. Leave to cool and cut into wedges/squares.