150gms/5oz long fresh red chillies de seeded and cut into four pieces each (or you can leave the seeds in for a hotter version).
150gms/5oz sweet red peppers cored de seeded and cut into chunks
1kg/2.2lbs Jam sugar
600mls cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
6 x 8oz sterilized sealable jars
1. Put the cut up chillies into the food processsor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the chunks of sweet pepper and pulse again until you have a vibrantly red-flecked processor bowl
2. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar in a wide, medium-sized pan over a low heat without stirring.
3. Scrape the pepper mixture out of the bowl and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and leave it at a rollicking boil for 10 minutes
4. Take the pan off the heat and allow the mixture to cool. The liquid will become more syrupy, then from syrup to viscous and from viscous to jelly like as it cools.
5. After about 40 minutes, or once the red flecks are more or less evenly distributed in the jelly (as the liquid firms up, the bits of chilli and pepper start being suspended in it rather than floating in it), ladle it into your jars. Then seal tightly.
Make the jam up to one month before using or giving.
Store in a cool dark place for up to a year.
Once opened store in the fridge and use within a month